If you are truly ready to know what is holding you back, Stop to ponder this question. What is holding me back? What whispers or nudges have your brushed aside? What patterns have you noticed that you repeat and still have less than stellar results?
There are many beliefs about oneself and life that silently sabotage your life and success.
To assist you to uncover which beliefs that are sabotaging and limiting your life, I decided to write this short article on the Top 40 Limiting Beliefs that I hear frequently.
The Top 40 Limiting Beliefs:
1. I’m too old/too young.
2. I’m not smart enough.
3. I’m not educated enough/not enough experience.
4. I’m afraid of failing.
5. You have to have money to make money.
6. I’ve already tried everything.
7. It’s selfish of me to want more.
8. I don’t believe that I really deserve it.
9. I don’t have the willpower.
10. All the good women/men are taken.
11. I don’t have the motivation.
12. Fear that I might not measure up.
14. Not enough time.
15. Not enough resources.
16. Too many other responsibilities.
17. No clue how – What if I fail?
18. Don’t know what I want.
19. Too overwhelmed with everything.
20. I don’t ask for what I want/need because, I might get rejected.
21. I want to be able to make lots of money, but I can’t.
22. I do not deserve success and happiness.
23. I’ve been positive nothing has changed.
24. If someone cheats me or betrays me I have to get even or live with resentment.
25. If I were happy, I wouldn’t do anything.
26. Feeling bad motivates me to change things.
27. If I do not give people what they want, I will end up all alone.
28. I have worked this out by now.
29. I cannot earn a living doing something I like.
30. Better stop wanting; if you get your hopes up, you’ll just get hurt.
31. If I fail, I feel bad for a very long time and then be really scared to start again.
32. If there’s something you don’t like about yourself, (it’s best to) hide it and hate it.
33. I’m not good enough for a relationship with someone good enough for me.
34. I can’t trust myself.
35. I don’t know what I want.
36. No matter what I do, I know I need to be doing something else.
37. If I’m successful, people will not like me.
38. If it hasn’t happened yet, it never will.
39. If I make a mistake, I will have to live with it.
40. Why do I create bad things for myself?
When you think about the area of life that you’d most like to shift right now…what comes to mind?
Does one of these limiting beliefs or a variation resonate more strongly with you than the others?
If your answer is yes, I recommend that you pull back the curtain and take a closer look at precisely how this little culprit may be wreaking havoc in your success and life.
The sneaky thing about limiting beliefs is that they usually affect you on a deep unconscious level.
A deep unconscious level means the limiting belief can hold you back from making more money, feeling more love and connection or achieving your weight reduction goals, in ways that you may not even consciously realize. (Yep, they are that sneaky!)
If you’re ready to go deeper, I’d love to take you through a very specific exercise that will uncover and replace your #1 or more most debilitating limiting beliefs as soon as today:
Seven Steps To Eliminate Limiting Beliefs
The following steps will ensure your ability to step out of Your Limiting Beliefs.
- Debunk old assumptions and beliefs. Who is the judge and jury you listen to?
- Adopt new beliefs to problem solve or achieve goals, instead of doing what you have done before and expecting different results.
- Actively seek new opportunities, instead of managing only those you routinely have.
- Risk the possibility of being exposed and/or vulnerable, instead of protecting your pride and power.
- Ask for what you deserve, instead of what you think others want to give you.
- ‘March to your own drummer’ and ‘Toot your own horn’ to ensure others know what you are capable of, instead of hoping your efforts will be noticed.
- Speak your truth, instead of biting your lip, because, you might ruffle feathers or subject yourself to criticism.
Pause now. Imagine in great detail the new paradigm you desire.Next take the first step-debunk the old assumptions (negative thoughts) – i.e. ‘It is difficult.’ ‘What if … ?’ ‘If only … ‘ ‘I can’t because … ‘ – add the negative thoughts you usually put forth. If you have difficulty debunking your old assumptions, there is no shame or guilt in seeking professional help to eliminate negative and limiting beliefs.
When you manage each step without adding negative thoughts to the equation, you will reach your goal more quickly than you thought. Enjoy the journey.
To your financial freedom, fulfillment and success.
P.S. If you are unable to shift the pesky limiting beliefs contact me. I offer a 20-minute FREE, no obligation conversation to answer your questions and explain how your limiting beliefs can be shift out and to bring in the requisite empowering beliefs.
About Dr. Dorothy:
As a leading edge Executive and Business Health Consultant and keynote speaker with international experience, CEO/Founder of Genesis Consultants, Inc., Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, Ph.D. has provided company-wide business improvement initiatives to optimize all resources to deliver strategic advantage with measurable outcomes.