Anytime you look at or experience something and you are not at peace, you need to recognize that you have the power to choose again. A passage in A Course in Miracles, states, ‘I have decided wrongly because I am not at peace, I can choose again.’
Likewise, a pessimist looks at a glass of water and sees it as half empty and an optimist looks at a glass as half full. However, you can look at the glass and know that the glass is refillable, no matter whether it is half full or less, it can be refilled.
Pause now: How often are you choosing to be at peace? How often are you choosing angst? The choice is yours. You can change your life when you are willing to make a decision to:
- Stop making excuses
- Stop blaming others and circumstances – weather, economy, politicians, etc.
- Stop pointing a finger at everyone and everything.
- Stop pointing a finger at the opportunity by saying it is, ‘No good.’ ‘Too difficult,’ etc.
- Stop lying to myself and others.
- Stop trying and choose ‘To do.’
- Stop passing my responsibilities to others.
- Stop procrastinating
- Stop the drama – ‘Ain’t it awful; If it weren’t for…; I can’t; Poor me; Why me? It is too difficult.’
- Take responsibility for the outcome of everything – Positive, Negative, Neutral
- Find the cause and effect of my actions and behavior.
- Do everything with intent and purpose.
- Decide ‘failure’ is never an option.
- Take ownership of everything going on in my life.
- Acknowledge and accept myself for the good, bad, ugly
You might think changing old/bad habits is difficult. However, it is only if you believe it is difficult to change that makes it so.
Go ahead now choose an unwanted habit and commit to change it. When you change it once, you will notice a difference in your life.
When you notice that difference; acknowledge yourself for the change. When you acknowledge yourself, you are reinforcing the new habit you want to maintain. When you have extinguished one old/bad habit; choose another and another until each of your old/bad habits have been extinguished. I wish you well on your journey of changing old/bad habits. Here’s to your new life.
About Dr. Dorothy:
Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, Ph.D., Metaphysician – Certified Hypnosis Practitioner, Author, and Speaker. Dr. Dorothy facilitates clearing blocks, fears, and limiting beliefs. You can live the life you desire. She brings awareness to concepts not typically obvious to one’s thoughts and feelings. https://drdorothy.net