Have you heard the idiom, ‘Turn a new leaf.” The leaf is a page. Turning a leaf is to begin anew, to begin fresh, to reform and begin again. You can choose to ‘turn a new leaf,’ you can begin again, fresh, to start behaving in a better way.
What if you looked in the mirror and saw your own innocence and purity? What would you say to yourself? Would you smile and acknowledge your innocence and purity? Or would you brush it off as a misperception? What you tell yourself and how you treat yourself is how you will experience yourself and how others will too.
The gift of a fresh start is available to everyone at any time when you choose to receive it. You deserve to claim yours. You begin by giving yourself the gift of compassion. Compassion for all the effort you have given to create your life until now. With compassion toward yourself you can forgive yourself of any perceived mistakes, shortcomings and errors.
Avoid carrying the weight of your past mistakes or the misperceptions of others in the forefront of your mind. Instead give yourself the gift of a fresh start in this brand new, never before encountered day.
Consider the following steps:
• Be willing to change: Change is constant, yet, when we think of changing we think it is a formidable exercise. Taking one step at a time; makes it easier.
• Be mindful: Make changes mindfully with full concentration. Increased mindful awareness is important. Later it will become a habit and essentially automatic.
• Change Steadily: Your enthusiasm to change might compel you to want to change as if you are running a marathon on the first day, slow and steady is more effective. Remember the tortoise and the hare.
• Focus: Concentrate on only one thing at a time. It is too difficult to multi-task to change several things at once. Concentrating on one thing at a time increases your effectiveness.
• Remain calm and steady: Allow yourself to keep a steady pace. Demanding that you change something overnight is too hectic. Allowing 30 – 45 days will prevent a feeling of chaos and maintain peace of mind.
When you have accomplished the first thing you wanted to change, you will have a renewed sense of self-confidence; your abilities and empowerment. The next thing to change will be easier than before, because you know the formula works. This moment is the first moment of the rest of your life – enjoy the journey as you change and become more of who you truly are.
Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD, Metaphysician – Certified Hypnosis Practitioner, Author and Speaker. Dr. Dorothy facilitates clearing blocks, fears and limiting beliefs. You can live the life you desire. She brings awareness to concepts not typically obvious to one’s thoughts and feelings. https://drdorothy.net