The Universal Laws are all inter-related and founded on the understanding that everything in the universe is energy, including humans. Everything in the universe is comprised of energy and humans are intimately connected with a sea of whirling electron energy.
Since everything has energy, your thoughts, feelings, words and actions have a huge impact on the outcomes in your life. What you think, feel, say, and do in each moment comes back to you to create your reality. Energy moves in a circle; what goes around comes around (a.k.a. Karma).
Coupled with the thoughts (words), feelings, spoken words and actions of everyone on the planet you are creating your collective consciousness, and the collective consciousness creates the world you see before you.
The exciting news is that because your thoughts (words), feelings, spoken words and actions collectively create the world around you, you have the power to create a world of peace, harmony and abundance. In order for you to do this, it is essential that you learn to manage your thoughts and emotions.
You probably know that negative thoughts create less-than optimum outcomes. There are many words with subtle negative effects, which are seldom considered negative. Yet, they impact your effectiveness and success; within yourself and others.
These subtle words can be described as ‘Boomerang words,’ because like a Boomerang,’ once it is launched, it will come back – ‘What goes around comes around.’ Thus, to ensure smooth and effective communication avoid these ‘Boomerang’ words.
Eliminating the following Boomerang words will enhance your communication effectiveness.
• Boomerang Word: You Should or You Shouldn’t – Should is a dictatorial/judgment word. There is nothing that is an absolute. More accurately everything ‘is,’ with no judgment. Thus, one needs to determine what one needs ‘to do,’ in order to accept or change ‘what is.’
Effective Statement: If you need_______, You need to______. In the future, please ___________.
• Boomerang Word: You have/supposed to (must)______. You have/supposed to (must) are dictatorial/judgmental. There are no ‘have to, supposed to or must’ in the Universe. More accurately everything ‘is,’ with no judgment. Thus, one needs to determine what one needs ‘to do,’ in order to accept or change ‘what is.’
Effective Statement: If you need_____, You will need to_____.
• Boomerang Word: Why don’t/didn’t you___? Why is an interrogation question. It presupposes ‘guilt.’ Thus, the person who is asked, ‘why?’ gives an answer, which will avoid reprecussions, rather than the facts of the matter.
Effective Statement: Ask questions using When, What, Where, Who, Which, How
• Boomerang Word: You never______. Never is an absolute. The Universal Laws hold the premise that nothing transpires by chance or outside the Universal Laws. Everything is interrelated. The only absolute and constant in the Universe is the whirling mass of electrons and energy atoms spinning rapidly.
Effective Statement: You usually_______.
• Boomerang Word: You always_______. Always is an absolute. The Universal Laws hold the premise that nothing transpires by chance or outside the Universal Laws. Everything is interrelated. The only absolute and constant in the Universe is the whirling mass of electrons and energy atoms spinning rapidly.
Effective Statement: You seldom________.
• Boomerang Word: If only you________. If only____presupposes one has intentionally failed in some way; to the degree that all could be lost or irreparable. Then, one senses one is ‘labeled’ a failure.
Effective Statement: In the future, if_____, please________.
• Boomerang Word: Yes, But – The Person presents an issue. Friends, Family, Co-workers or Manager present possible solutions: “Have you considered…?” Person responds, “Yes, But….” Yes, But provides a reason not to take responsibility to either solve the issue or to do what it takes to solve it. By avoidance the person can continue to play, the victim or ‘Ain’t it awful,’ game.
Effective Statement: Paraphrase what you heard (Pause) Take a breath. Give an explanation. Avoid giving excuses.
• Boomerang Word: Try – ‘Try’ has failure presupposed built in. When you tell yourself or someone else you will ‘try’ to do something and then you do not do it, you have manipulated yourself, or the other person as well as being dishonest, because, you presupposed you did not fully intend to do it. You are giving yourself the excuse that you do not intend to do it, albeit sounds good. When used, ‘try,’ holds you back because you have not made a commitment. Your words/self-talk are very powerful. When you decide to create change, you need to change what you tell yourself and others.
Effective Statement: I will____. Or: I am unwilling to add more to my ‘to do,’ list. The answer is ‘no.’ When you make a full commitment the Universal Laws carry you into the forward energy spiral. What goes around comes around.
• Boomerang Word: Want – ‘Want’ implies lack. Your saying you want a thing only works to produce that precise experience – wanting. Example: I want to have a million dollars. How will your ‘want,’ or ‘wanting’ create a million dollars? It will produce only ‘wanting.’
Effective Statement: I am grateful for all the good in my life. I am thankful I will be shown how to create a million dollars to come to me from known and unknown sources. The act of being grateful carries you into the Universal Laws’ forward energy spiral.
The impact of words has been studied by philosophers for many centuries. These studies have consistently revealed that words maintain clear and effective communication or control and/or manipulate. While you may have unwittingly used words with no intent to control or manipulate however, the reaction to the words is based on the receiver and the Universal Laws. Therefore, consider your world and avoid using words, which universally have a frequent negative result.
When you are in full alignment with the Universal Laws’ forward energy spiral you will experience what you are aligned with and your interactions will improve immeasurably.
Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD, Metaphysician – Certified Hypnosis Practitioner, Author and Speaker. Dr. Dorothy facilitates clearing blocks, fears and limiting beliefs. You can live the life you desire. She brings awareness to concepts not typically obvious to one’s thoughts and feelings. https://drdorothy.net